Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekend Listenting - Holiday Edition

Wowie, can you believe it? Only one more week until Christmas! I don't know where 2010 went, but I know it's been an exciting and fortunate year for us here at Silly Goose Farm. To keep us in the holiday spirit, let's explore some holiday tunes, shall we?

Jingle All the Way

First up: Jingle All the Way by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, one of my favorite bands. I can only dream of playing the banjo as perfectly and effortlessly as Bela. Bela and the boys have some great, inventive covers on this album. I love Victor Wooten's bass solo on "The Christmas Song," and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" makes me want to put on my dancing shoes. My nostalgia-loving heart really swells when "Christmas Time is Here" and "Linus and Lucy" are queued up. Speaking of which...

A Charlie Brown Christmas: The Original Sound Track Recording Of The CBS Television Special

...Here the original versions on A Charlie Brown Christmas: The Original Sound Track Recording of the CBS Television Special by Vince Guaraldi Trio. Of course we all know and love the movie, but the music, I believe, is great anytime of year. It just makes me laugh thinking about all the Peanuts characters pointing their little noses in the air and "Oo Oo Oo-ing" their favorite Christmas carols. I think "Skating" is my favorite song on the whole album, although truly, each song is a gem.

Good luck with the final push towards Christmas!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas album, but I didn't know that Bela Fleck had one! Gah! Must get on iTunes immediately :)

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I didn't know you were a Bela fan, Christine! I knew I liked you for some reason :-) Maybe we could hit up a show together next time he's at the Egg?

Merry Christmas, dear friend.