Friday, December 24, 2010

Weekend Listenting - Holiday Edition

Merry Christmas Eve! The big holiday is upon us, and if you're like me, you have just as much anticipation over the pending festivities as you did when you were eight. I think I get more excited for everyone to open the presents I gave them than opening my own presents! Before you nuzzle into bed and dream of sugar plums, grab a cup of eggnog, cozy-up by the fire (don't forget to put it out for poor Santa!), and put on some good Christmas music. I think the following selections are perfect backgrounds for wrapping those last-minute presents and stuffing stockings.

Windham Hill Holiday Guitar Collection

I love classical guitar, and the Windham Hill Holiday Guitar Collection  is no exception. Each track is driving and exciting, but still mellow and melodic. The version of "The Holly and the Ivy" does justice to one of my all-time favorite holiday songs, and I only wish my version of "Angels We Have Heard on High" that I begrudgingly sang each Christmas Eve in church sounded as beautiful as this one.

A Scottish Christmas

A Scottish Christmas by Bonnie Rideout, Maggie Sansone and Al Petteway is a fun spin on Christmas classics. "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and "O Come All Ye Faithful" have that traditional Celtic sound, merged with the familiar melodies of Christmas. I definitely think this album deserves to be listen to with a nice glass of Scotch, you know, to keep with the theme.

Well, lovelies, have a wonderful Christmas! I hope tomorrow morning brings lots of smiles, love, and okay, a present or two. Enjoy the day and be grateful for all the goodness in life! I'd love to hear about how you spend Christmas.

No comments: